A while back, a Taiga user asked us a question about managing Tasks and we finally got around to sharing the knowledge.
The scenario was:
- My Taiga project has a User Story that is part of the current Sprint.
- That User Story has multiple Tasks.
- My team has just realized that they could not complete one of those Tasks within the current Sprint.
The question was: how can I move that one Task to the next Sprint?
This is what we proposed:
- Go to the BACKLOG module and create a new User Story, let’s call it User Story X and add it to Sprint 1 (the current Sprint).
- Go to the Sprint 1 TASKBOARD.
- On the Sprint 1 TASKBOARD, locate the Task that you want to move to the next sprint and just drag-and-drop it on the row of User Story X (on the same column/status).
- Return to the BACKLOG module and, if you have not already done so, create the next sprint. Let’s call it Sprint 2.
- Drag-and-drop User Story X to Sprint 2 – the Task that was attached to User Story X is now part of Sprint 2 and, if needed, you can move it to another User Story of that Sprint and delete User Story X.
You can have a look at the following topics if you need more details on how to complete the five steps listed above:
Hope this helps!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.