On the page for the STATUS group of settings, to edit the settings of a status, on any of the three lists (one for User Stories, one for Tasks and one for Issues) that show the currently existing statuses, position your pointer over the row of the status for which you want to edit the settings and then follow these steps:
- On the right side of the row, click .
This action opens the edit status form on that row.
- On the edit status form edit any of the following status settings:
- Color – click the color displayed on the Color column and then select a predefined color from the gallery or, in the box displayed below the gallery, enter a hex color code and then, on the right side of the text box, click that color to select it as the new color of the status
- Name – in the box displayed on the Name column, edit the current name of the status
- Is closed? – click the box displayed on the Is closed? column and then select Yes if you want to mark as closed any User Stories, Tasks or Issues with that status; otherwise, select No
- Is archived? – (for User Stories only) click the box displayed on the Is archived? column and then select Yes if you want to mark as archived any User Stories with that status; otherwise, select No
- WIP Limit – (for User Stories only) in the box displayed on the WIP Limit column, you can edit the maximum number of User Stories allowed to have the new status at the same time; this setting is available only if Is archived? is set to No
Note: You can exceed the WIP Limit set for a certain status, however, User Stories that exceed the WIP Limit for that status are displayed under a red line on the project’s KANBAN chart on the column for that status.
For example, you set a WIP Limit of 2 (two) for the Ready status. You currently have two User Stories with the Ready status. If you put a third User Story in the Ready status, then, on the KANBAN chart, on the column for that status, that User Story is displayed under a red line.
- Click to close the form and save any changes made or click x to close the form without saving.