You can break large User Stories into smaller and easily manageable Tasks and then you can assign each Task to a team member.
On the User Story details page, in the Related tasks section, you can view the list with all tasks that have been added to the User Story.
- the number of the Task and its subject
- the current status of the Task
- the user that is assigned to the Task
Adding a Task to a User Story
You can add Tasks to a User Story from the details page of that User Story or, if the User Story is part of a Sprint, from the Sprint’s TASKBOARD.
- In the Related tasks section of the User Story details page, on the right side, click .
This action adds a new row to the Related tasks list.
- On the new row, enter the Subject of the new Task in the designated text box.
- On the right side of the Subject box, click to add the new Task; to discard adding the new Task, click .
After you add a new Task, on the Related tasks list you can change its Status and assign a user to work on it. For a more detailed management of a Task, you can go to the details page of that Task – to do this, click the Subject of that Task.